The Senior Writer is a core role at OX. Senior Writers assist in the development of content, copy and concepts across a wide range of mediums. This includes campaign concepts, enterprise websites, print and OOH advertising, online advertising, brand experiences, brand positioning, user interface elements, email marketing and much more. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy and Writing, the Senior Writer is a versatile and polished communicator capable of solving complex challenges and developing original solutions.
- Work with project teams to understand business objectives and user needs.
- Collaborate with team members to determine conceptual and copy direction for digital products, experiences, online and offline branding, and integrated marketing communications solutions.
- Translate creative direction and creative briefs into engaging and effective messaging and copy concepts.
- Own the brand voice and establish messaging direction in every execution.
- Collaborate with clients as a brand journalist to uncover the stories and insights that lead to meaningful messaging and concepts.
- Participate in research, concept creation and ideation for OX clients and teams.
- Lead junior and freelance team members as needed.
- Learn and collaborate with peers, mentors and managers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Help advance the content practice at OX.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree from an accredited university program with an emphasis on English, communications, advertising, journalism or other related field.
- 6+ years of experience in a copywriting role in a professional services/agency environment.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for diverse channels and audiences.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for and understanding of web trends and technologies, including established and emerging capabilities.
- Familiarity with web writing best practices including meta data, tagging and SEO.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and how to apply them in digital and print advertising.
- Excellent strategic brainstorming, campaign development and creative execution.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
- Solid understanding of graphic design, web development, interaction design and an appreciation of the relationships between textual, visual and functional elements.
- Desire to learn and apply skills in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Comfortable in a direct client-facing role and leading client calls.
- Passion for great storytelling and systems thinking.
- Salary commensurate with experience and level of proficiency.