As a Creative Director at OX, you’re the day-to-day, on-the-ground leader of the creative team. You are a big-picture-thinker that not only guides your team, but guides clients—helping them realize their brand vision in current and future projects. You’ll take charge of a project from conception to execution, leading a team of visual and user experience designers and writers across various deliverables — from digital to print to experience design. While your main focus is leading, you will continue to play a hands on approach, jumping in to design and create when needed to push the work. Regardless of how you engage on a project, you are responsible for its quality, direction, and success. You are the go-to resource for our creative leadership, helping design and implement initiatives to drive OX's creative culture and creative standards.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Serves as the driving force that keeps the creative team at the top of its game
- Develops original design concepts, oversee multiple projects all the way through execution, and directly manage a team of creatives
- Identifies the best ways to leverage talent and put them in the position to succeed
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction, career path guidance and timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- Possesses both brand and digital expertise
- Understands how to work in design sprints
- Proven leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Collaborate in project scoping, estimating, and pitching
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and directions change—we need someone who can roll with it.
- Team leadership and motivation skills are absolutely essential for the role
- Inspires the team to achieve the highest level of creative excellence in every opportunity
- Represents OX culture and standards to all levels and disciplines
- Responsible for presenting creative work in thoughtful and compelling manner
- Manages the client relationship for all things related to creative.
- 10+ years of design systems experience in a professional services, agency or consulting environment
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for and understanding of digital trends and technologies, including best practices
- Excellent strategic brainstorming, campaign development and creative execution
- Desire to learn and apply your skills in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Deep understanding of the principles and practices of omnichannel marketing, branding and emergent technologies to drive outcomes for B2B and B2C businesses and brands
- Passion for great design and systems thinking
Chicago (Remote with plans to return to our Chicago offices by Jan 2022 if not earlier)