The Senior Director of Client Strategy is a key role in the organization with the ability to guide and advise your clients’ businesses as if they are your own.
As Senior Director of Client Strategy you will enrich existing client relationships and inspire prospective clients with a vision for how they engage at every moment of interface with their consumers.. You will also be essential to strategic account planning that drives revenue and profitability for OX, motivating and inspiring multi-disciplinary teams to deliver extraordinary experiences and creative excellence. The Senior Director of Client Strategy is the client’s proxy in the firm and must always maintain a keen understanding of how brand, business and digital strategies can be refined or redefined to advance the client’s interests in new and valuable ways.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with the Business Development team to nurture new relationships, develop winning proposals and introduce prospective clients to the Experience of OX.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts and multiple multi-discipline teams with a focus on how to enhance our client service through a deeper understanding of our clients’ businesses.
- Advise and inspire direct reports and executive leadership with a passion for all aspects of digital.
- Own and drive several special projects a year that advance the practice of Client Strategy at OX.
- Identify and translate opportunities for new and existing clients into actionable strategies and profitable efforts for the firm.
- Brief multi-disciplinary teams on the client’s business and the goals of the opportunity.
- Represent the client’s interests in the firm, ultimately owning the strategic outcome.
- Collaborate deeply with the project management team to develop project briefs, project proposals, and to ensure that client efforts deliver on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Learn and collaborate with peers, mentors and managers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Manage client financial projections and keep the leadership team apprised of trends, opportunities or threats to client business.
- 12+ years of experience in a strategic or client services role in a professional services, agency or consulting environment.
- Demonstrated success in balancing business development pursuits and an existing client portfolio.
- Deep understanding of the principles and practices of omnichannel marketing, branding and emergent technologies to drive outcomes for B2B and B2C businesses and brands.
- Experience advising clients on how to define strategies for people, processes and technology solutions to optimize their business.
- Excellent client expectation management skills - sensitive to reading and navigating nuance both internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and collaboration skills —ability to make the complex sound simple and to help negotiate potentially difficult situations with grace and empathy.
- Experience managing and mentoring client strategy direct reports.
Chicago (Remote with plans to return to our Chicago offices by Jan 2022 if not earlier)