The Director of Client Strategy is a key role in the organization with the ability to recognize opportunities and to motivate and inspire multi-disciplinary teams toward relevant business solutions for ambitious brands at transformative moments in their journey.
As Director of Client Strategy you will develop enduring client relationships and be committed to driving their business forward through. You will also be essential to driving revenue and profitability for OX, leading teams to deliver extraordinary experiences and creative excellence. The Director of ClientStrategy is the client’s proxy in the firm and must always maintain a keen understanding of emergent trends and how they can be used to advance the client’s interests in new and valuable ways.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify and translate opportunities for new and existing clients into actionable strategies and profitable efforts for the firm.
- Brief multi-disciplinary teams on the client’s business and the goals of the opportunity.
- Represent the client’s interests in the firm, ultimately owning the strategic outcome.
- Collaborate deeply with the project management team to develop project briefs, project proposals, and to ensure that client efforts deliver on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Learn and collaborate with peers, mentors and managers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Manage client financial projections and keep the leadership team apprised of trends, opportunities or threats to client business.
- Help advance the practice of client strategy at OX.
- Bachelor or Master's degree from an accredited university program.
- 10+ years of experience in a strategic or client services role in a professional services, agency or consulting environment.
- Desire to learn and apply your skills in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Deep understanding of the principles and practices of omni-channel marketing, branding and emergent technologies to drive outcomes for B2B and B2C businesses and brands.
- Excellent client management skills—ability to make the complex sound simple and to help negotiate potentially difficult situations with grace and empathy.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Experience working with and/or mentoring client strategy colleagues and direct reports.
- Ability to think holistically and see past the tyranny of the urgent.
- Passion for great design and systems thinking.