The Design Intern assists in the development of design research and integrated design solutions across a wide range of media and applications. This is a hands-on role. We expect the Design Intern to learn and to contribute meaningfully to client projects under the direction of the Design Director and a mentor supervisor.
This position is a full-time, paid position for a 10-12-week duration starting in June. Potential to convert to full-time employee for the right candidate provided the circumstances allow.
- Assist the design team with design and production tasks for OX clients and OX internal projects.
- Participate in concept creation and brainstorms for OX clients.
- Must be able to quickly shift between assignments, have a great attitude, and strong communication skills.
- Current junior, senior or recent graduate of an accredited university program with an emphasis on graphic design, communications, advertising or user-centered design.
- Portfolio demonstrating areas of interest and experience in school directed assignments or client work.
- Willingness to work a minimum of 35 hours per week, 9AM-5PM on site in our East Loop office.
- Desire to learn and apply skills in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
- Passion for design and systems thinking.
- Interns and hourly paid positions and do not qualify for medical, dental or other benefits.
- Current students may qualify for education credit for participating in this program.
- Consideration for partial transit/commutation re-imbursement.
Only applications with work samples will be accepted. Qualified candidates should provide a resume along with sample materials or online portfolio exhibiting design capabilities and areas of interest.